- SS Dansby Swanson (Vanderbilt) couldn’t muster much at the plate in a 6-5, extra-inning win in a game that saw temperatures drop into the 20s, but in the first game of the double-header he went 4-for-4 with two doubles, a steal and a run and an RBI.
- RHP Jake Lemoine (Houston) returned to the mound for his 2015 debut and looked sharp in five-innings of scoreless ball. He struck out six batters and threw 78 pitches, picking up his first victory for Houston, which moved to 2-0.
- OF Harrison Bader (Florida) was at it again, homering twice in Florida’s 22-3 victory over Rhode Island. The junior outfielder also scored four runs and drove in six. Through three games, Bader has posted a .538/.643/.1500 line and has three homers and 11 RBI. Hard to imagine a better start to the 2015 campaign.
- 3B David Thompson (Miami) continued his hot-hitting ways for the Canes. In a double-header sweep, Thompson combined to go 5-for-7 with three runs, two RBI and a stolen base.
- RHP Tyler Ferguson (Vanderbilt) struggled mightily in his first start of the year. In two innings of work, he issued five walks and surrendered three runs. Vandy was able to claw back to win in extras.