- RHP Walker Buehler (Vanderbilt) had already made two starts for Vanderbilt, but his third showed a return to form for the right-hander, projected to be one of the first college pitchers off the board this June. Buehler tossed six-innings of one-run ball, while striking out seven. The Commodores provided just enough offense for Buehler to cruise to a 9-1 victory, picking up his first W of the year.
- SS/2B Mikey White (Alabama) helped the Crimson Tide salvage a double-header split with nationally-ranked Mississippi State, going a combined 4-for-7 with his second home run of the year, three RBI, three runs and a walk. The junior infielder is now hitting .393 on the year, with 14 extra-base hits and 15 RBI in 17 contests, establishing himself as a front-runner for SEC POY honors.
- SS Richie Martin (Florida) overcame a slow start on Friday night and came up huge for the Gators as they took games two and three from Tennessee. He went 3-for-5 with a run and a RBI in Saturday’s 8-3 win and 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored in Sunday’s 9-4 victory.
- RHP Riley Ferrell (TCU) looked brilliant again for the Horned Frogs, locking down save number seven with a three-strikeout ninth-inning in a 3-2 win over Baylor. This came one night after the hard-throwing righty picked up his sixth save with another perfect inning. Ferrell has made nine appearances on the season, striking out 15 batters in just 9.2 innings.
- OF Skye Bolt (UNC) homered for the second consecutive game, his third overall, as the Tar Heels pitched their way past Pittsburgh for a 3-1 win. The outfielder drove in another run with a sac-fly, giving him 14 RBI on the year.
- 3B David Thompson (Miami) slugged his third home run of the 2015 campaign on Friday night in a 3-2 win over NC State, and he kept up the clutch-hitting on Saturday, going 2-for-4 with a run and two RBI, pacing the Canes’ offensive effort in a 9-2 victory. That wasn’t the only good news for Miami, who got a healthy Andrew Suarez back for Sunday’s afternoon tilt.
- 2B/SS Alex Bregman (LSU) didn’t do much to help the Tigers’ cause in LSU’s 5-3, 14-inning loss. The junior went 0-for-6 at the plate and twice made the third out of the inning. His average has dropped nearly 40 points just in the past week and a half and now sits at .312.
- LHP Kyle Twomey (USC) struggled for the second consecutive start and the Trojans ended up on the losing side of their Saturday evening tilt with Washington State. The lefty gutted his way through five innings, needing 87 pitches to do so. He issued three walks and surrendered six hits, resulting in three earned runs and his first loss of the season.
- RHP Jake Lemoine (Houston) caught a break on Saturday, getting a huge offensive performance to make his atrocious start a footnote in a 9-3 win over Buffalo. The right-hander couldn’t make it out of the second-inning, allowing three runs on three hits. He also walked one batter and hit another. The three earned runs raised his ERA to 4.50 on the year.